Probably not many of you know that the visa subclass 408 – TEMPORARY ACTIVITY VISA – was always existing way before the pandemic started.
In fact, the 408 visa has many different streams.
Why did we start to know all about this visa only when the Pandemic started?To respond to the crisis that came along with the Covid -19 situation, the Australian Government and the Department of Home affair created a new stream for this visa, known as Australian Government endorsed events, hence Covid-19 Pandemic event.
This Visa allows applicants unable to depart Australia to undertake specific types of work for a short period of time – temporary basis and stay in the country:
• up to 12 months – If you are working in the critical sectors of agriculture, food processing, health care, aged care, disability care, childcare, and tourism and hospitality
• up to 3 months – If you are not working in a critical sector
Applicants working in the critical sectors of agriculture, food processing, health care, aged care, disability care, childcare, and tourism and hospitality must:
• have evidence from an employer of your employment or an offer of employment
• hold a substantive visa that expires in 90 days or less, or your last substantive visa expired 28 days or less ago
Applicants whose departure is delayed by COVID-19 travel restrictions must:
• tell us why the restrictions prevent your departure
• hold a substantive visa that expires in 90 days or less, or your last substantive visa expired less than 28 days ago
Other compulsory requirements to apply for a Covid 19 Pandemic Visa are:
• be in Australia at the time of the lodgement
• Demonstrate and maintain adequate health insurance during your stay in Australia.
Applicants who currently holds a COVID-19 Pandemic event visa that is about to expire, may be eligible for another COVID-19 Pandemic event visa if:
• you wish to remain in Australia to continue working in a critical sector, or
• you have no other visa options and are unable to depart Australia before the expiry of your visa due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
If you’d like to discuss your eligibility for a Covid 19 Pandemic Visa with one of our migration agents, get in touch with us today by calling (08) 9388 9193 or clicking on the button below.
No, it is only available if you are in Australia
No, according with the condition 8107 you cannot work for more than 1 employer at the same time and the employer must be the one you stated in your Visa application
The visa is free as per DOHA fees, however every Migration Agency applies their own fees, just get in touch with us to ask for a quote
Valentina and the team of Get Your Visa has been absolutely fantastic and have guided me from the beginning helping me to chose which visa would best be suited for my circumstances, through the bureaucracy of the visa process with fabulous patience and competence making the whole process hassle free and super smooth. A huge Thank You to have guided and helped me achieving my visa.
Thanks for the job you did. So a great news! I was really not expecting to have the approval yesterday when you called me!!! Thanks again for the outstanding job you did for us!
Thanks heaps! I was not expecting to have the visa approved in 10 days. That’s great. I would not have obtained this result without you.
Thanks Vale and thanks again for all the job you did to the whole team. You were mostly helpful and the job you have done to make this happens is amazing. Five stars service!
That’s great news!!! OMG that’s excellent and incredibly happening. Sooooo EXCITED! A celebration will be in order tonight – thanks so much to Get Your Visa for your help!
I don’t know what to say. I am literally without words! I thank you so much for all the support and help during these two years (I do know how stressful and demanding was to do my employer’s application) and thanks for having always answered quickly to my millions of questions! Thanks heaps!