Have you considered to move to Australia with DAMA project?
DAMA: Designated Area Migration Agreement
This is a type of Labour Agreement which enable approved employers to sponsor overseas workers for positions they are unable to fill with Australian citizen or Permanent Resident workers, in response to their current and emerging labour market shortage.
DAMA applies only in some specific regional or remote areas of Australia. At the moment there are 12 active DAMA in place:
- Adelaide City Technology and Innovation Advancement, SA: Skilled & Business Migration
- East Kimberley, WA: East Kimberley Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Far North Queensland, QLD: Cairns Chamber of Commerce,
- Goulburn Valley, VIC: Goulburn Valley
- Great South Coast, VIC: Warrnambool City Council
- Northern Territory, NT: Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement
- Orana, NSW: Regional Development Australia – Orana, NSW
- Pilbara, WA: RDA Pilbara
- South Australia Regional, SA: Skilled & Business Migration
- South West, WA: Shire of Dardanup
- The Goldfields, WA: City of Kalgoorlie Boulder
- Townsville, QLD: Townsville Enterprise Limited
Generally the DAMA project will remain active for 5 years.
|How does it work?
As well as the State skilled visa, DAMA is based on Occupation lists, but the difference is that more and different (low) skilled occupations are included, for example in some Territories is it possible to find the occupation of waiter or supervisor or clerk accountant. (Each DAMA Agreement covers a specified range of occupations)
This means that there is a variety of job and background that can apply for this program. You just need to be willing to move to a regional area as mentioned before.
Visa subclasses available with DAMA
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa ( sub 482)
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa (sub 494)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Sub 186)
Individual Workers cannot apply independently, this means that the applicant needs to be sponsored by an employer that have gained approval from the Designated Area Representative (DAR) and whom business it is located in the designated region.
Another positive element that distinguishes the DAMA lists is that some concession may also apply depending on the occupation and Territories such as:
Depending on the list (not all the DAMA lists for each states are the same), the applicant could be waived the condition of the minimum level of English, the minimum salary and also the maximum age for the Permanent Residency (generally 45 years old).
*The eligibility for DAMA agreement is subject to the profile of each individuals.
If you would like to find out your eligibility for DAMA agreement book a consultation with one of our agents. Just call us on (08) 6117 4152 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on this following like to book your appointment https://www.getyourvisa.com.