Overstaying a visa? Act now

At Get Your Visa we are experiencing a large number of people coming to see us after having overstayed their visas. You should be aware that remaining in Australia after your visa expires, will make you an unlawful overstayed.

Get Your Visa - migration agency perth - expired visa

If you believe you are currently in an unlawful status, then you should make arrangements to solve this situation.

A Community Status Resolution Service (CSRS) is part of the Department of Immigration, they have three main purposes. They work with people in Australia who have:

  • Overstayed their visa
  • Have had their visa refused or cancelled
  • Have been granted a Bridging Visa E (BVE) whilst resolving their immigration situation.

The CSRS can grant you a BVE, which is a short term visa that will allow you to remain within Australia whilst your immigration situation and status is currently being resolved. BVEs are frequently given out in the following situations:

  • A visa application is underway in the process of consideration;
  • A legal progression is underway;
  • A person is at this time making plans to depart Australia.

To be considered for a BVE, the first step is to contact or visit the CSRS. They are conveniently located in department offices in each state inside of Australia.

The CSRS are available to provide accurate and insightful information and expertise about immigration or departure choices. They will also answer any questions that you many have and if needed, connect you with institutes for further assistance.

If your visa is about to or close to expire, then you need to act as soon as possible. The sooner you act, the more options will then be available to you.

If you are located in Perth or any other state without a visa, you could be detained and then removed from Australia. It does not matter how temporary you need a visa for, but it does matter than you have a current one at all times.

If you are in Perth and have any questions regarding BVEs or the CSRS, feel free to contact us today and we can provide you with guidance and assistance.

How can we assist in this situation? We understand that having overstayed a visa can come from a number of reasons to include the fact that you may have misunderstood what your current expire visa was. If you believe you need our assistance to visit the closer CSRS centre, please contact us today and we will arrange a visit at the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

Recent Posts