If you have worked and earned super in Australia holding a temporary visa, you can apply to have the money back as soon as you leave Australia.

The requirements which you will need to meet to claim your DASP are:

  • you accumulated superannuation while working in Australia on a temporary resident visa issued under the Migration Act 1958(excluding Subclasses 405 and 410)
  • your visa has ceased to be in effect (for example, it has expired or been canceled)
  • You can only submit a DASP claim after you have left Australia
  • You are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia.

Before submitting your DASP application, check with your employer that they have paid all the super they are required to.

If it has been six months or more since you left Australia and you have not claimed DASP, your super fund will transfer your super to the ATO.

If your claim is over $ 5.000 you need certified copies of your proof of identification documents.
We suggest you to certify your documents while you are in Australia to make the process easier.
Check with your superfund the type of documents you need to certify.

You can send the request of your refund in three different ways:

Recent Posts